6.04.2009

The Best Place to Begin is at The Beginning

Unfortunately, that is not where I will be beginning this blog today. I don't like to backtrack. I get bogged down in words, descriptions, and accuracy. I would love to have my life catalogued neatly into journals, but I'm not a journal-completer. I am a self-professed Never-Finisher. I think the problem in the past has probably been my tendency to get overwhelmed by everything I feel is necessary to include. So, I will instead begin with an introduction to myself. For your convenience, I have put it into a cheesy MySpace-style survey. Enjoy.

Name: Kristy
Gender: Female
Age: Duh, 25.
Marital Status: Mostly happily married. Marriage, of course, has its days.
Living Arrangements: I live peacefully in the quasi-country in a large house (compared to our previous small house, not in general) with my quirky, child-like husband, and my 4 lovable pooches.

This is the part where I skip all the tacky questions about eye & hair color and other aspects of my appearance. I mean, really, does it matter? Get your mind out of the gutter.

Do you like anyone? By far, I think this is the most ree-diculous question in these things. Of course, I do. I am not a hobbit.
Who have you been friends with the longest? Technically, my dear hypochondriac friend Rachel, but I think Heather, the military wife, should get some play on this question too. I have known both of them for around 18 or 19 years, and they are still my very best friends. I'm quite proud of their ability to put up with me this long.
Are you close to your family? But of course! There may have been a time when I was not-so welcoming of my parents' company, but these days, I hardly go a day without talking to them or visiting. This is definitely something you should know about me.
How many siblings do you have? Also quite important (and probably quite telling), I am an only child.
What's the best feeling in the world? I mean, there's the obvious happiness, but I think this question is actually implying what feeling creates the most happiness for you. In my case, knowing that my family (including those friends I refer to as sisters) are happy. I think it provides a sense of security.

Let's move on to the all-important "Favorites" section. I'm getting bored...
What's your favorite...
Color: Hard to say. Red or white probably... but not really together.
Food: Oooh! This is a big one. I LOVE FOOD, but only good food. I love cooking and finding interesting restaurants to try.
Sport: I don't play sports. Period. I try sometimes when I'm tipsy and that's a big time, but I don't compete in sports activities. I LOVE watching WKU basketball and NFL football, however.
Blog: Yeah, I threw this one in for fun. It's Donald Miller's (author of Blue Like Jazz. Read it if you haven't.).

So... That wasn't as fun as I anticipated. Let's get to chronicling this 25 year old life I call my own...

No comments:

Post a Comment