6.11.2009

How to Get Pregnant in a Lifetime or Less

And so, the road to our unborn child involves a great deal of waiting.

This morning, at the ungodly hour of 5 AM, I woke up and headed to our fertility center, a hour's drive away from our house, to have a required, preliminary test done. This test is called an HSG. Basically, a doctor blew up my uterus with a pear-shaped balloon, squirted some sort of dye in it, and then took x-rays to see if the dye was going where it is supposed to. This all is done while lying on an x-ray table, with a small team of medical personnel standing by, and my legs in something one might describe as super-stirrups. The nurse was, in fact, so interested in helping me through this procedure that she literally cupped my face in her hands during the "difficult" part. That brings me to another point. One of my best friends prepared me for this fun event by telling me how very painful this all would be. Thanks, dear. Luckily, pain was not an issue for me. I came through like a trooper. The pain and discomfort I experienced actually came several hours later. So anyway... We're one step closer to making something magical happen. Before I get too Disney-movie, I'll move on... Jonathan has a test scheduled for next week. The following week, we will meet with Doc to make a decision on a course of action. We are SO excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment