9.02.2009

Confessions of a South Beach Reformist

  • One great thing about this diet is that artificially sweetened products suddenly taste delicious. In fact, anything with even an hint of sweetness seems like it's the best quality of that item you've ever had. It's a treat.
  • Another good thing is that I never have to be hungry. I can eat as many vegetables and protiens as I would like (as long as their on the list, which is pretty extensive).
  • I miss bacon, but turkey bacon is a surprisingly good substitute. Just don't buy any if you like your bacon crispy.
  • I have cheated (slightly) twice. The first time was on Saturday when I ate a chicken wing. It was hot and greasy and UBER good. The second time was last night when I enjoyed 2 glasses of red wine, which was also totally worth it. (Note: Red wine is allowed after Phase 1 anyway, so I really only count that as half of a cheat.)
  • I saw a number on the scale today that I don't think I've seen in a year. It was excellent motivation.
  • Because I have to eat half a cup of veggies with my breakfast, I've been coming up with some strange concoctions. For example, this morning I had an egg and half a yellow squash sauteed and topped with lowfat cheese. It was delish... strangely enough.
  • 2 Cups of veggies are REQUIRED with lunch and dinner, so I'm never hungry after. Next time you go to cook dinner, do a little experiement. See what 2 cups actually looks like. It's no small feat.
  • I MIGHT'VE roped a co-worker into taking on this challenge with me so I don't feel so silly when I talk about it. Also, to use as a Coach.
  • Ricotta cheese mixed with unsweetened cocoa, vanilla, and sweet&low is my new best friend. So are Sugar-free fudgsicles. Hello dessert!
  • The cravings for sugar are not terrible, but don't seem to subside EVER.

No comments:

Post a Comment