9.23.2009

Was This The Best Decision I Could've Made? A Letter to My Future...

Possibly not, but it sure feels good.

My official last day working at GSK is October 15th! I cannot explain how good it makes me feel to have a plan in place. While there ARE many things I'll miss about my time here at GSK, I hate living in limbo. That does NOT necessarily mean that I have a well-thought-out plan. Actually, my plan ends at October 15th. From there, I'm hoping something materializes. Seriously.

Anyway, I am still on the Great American Job Search and hitting the pavement relatively hard. Okay, not THAT hard. I'm negotiating some changes in my life right now. One of them is the possiblity of working only part time, which Muslces and I are trying to make feasible. To do that, we need to sell one of our cars, which is no small feat in this economy. We're working to figure out a plan for that. Working part time would allow me to free my inner domestic diva, as well as pursue my Master's degree... as well as raise kiddos eventually... as well as do a little something else that I have in mind but cannot reveal just yet due to Muscles not exactly being on board with me. I am not working THAT hard to find my dream job right now, though, because I need my degree in hand to acquire that one.

This huge weight has been lifted from me by choosing a final date to work at GSK, though. I have been dreading work each day, knowing that many of the things I am working towards will not come to fruition until after I'm gone. I couldn't really start closing up shop either, because, I was still here "for the time being." Not to mention the recent influx of petty office drama bubbling under the surface. Ginger Snap is brewing some Trouble Soup as we speak, I'm sure. I don't know that YesMan was particularly happy with my departure timing, as she hoped I would stay until my replacement arrived, I think, but I hope she understands. It's dog-eat-dog world around here, and my fragile self cannot compete.

So, hello, Future. I would like to chat with you for a bit...

Dear Future (AKA God Above),
I know it's your job to make the plans and mine to live in them. But please take care of me and my family. It's not your obiligation, but it would be greatly appreciated if you could also help us see the reasons behind Your decisions.
Thanks, buddy!
-Kristy

No comments:

Post a Comment